Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 3 and free hot dogs

Weight: 353.6
Mood: ok but a bit hungry!


Hello dear readers. that's right, I called you dear. Today was a full day of church and Upward Basketball. Actually, yesterday was too, but today's games were a little more difficult for me. According to what I have read about the Master Cleanse, day 3 is a hard one. I did not think it was too difficult except for the hot dogs being grilled down the hall from where I was announcing the games! It also doesn't help that I walked down there to talk to my friend Bobby, who generously offered me some for free...FREE!!! My favorite flavor!!!So i quickly hurried back down to the gym and downed some of the juice.

Speaking of the juice, I used less agave today because it was too sweet. I started taking my diabetes medicine, metformin, again today, and my blood sugar came down to 146. Previously it was hovering just over 200. The biggest problem that I have with this medicine is that it tears up my stomach. I know that my stomach is going to hurt every time I take it, and I assumed that the Master Cleanse would make it worse. It actually did not. I still had some stomach discomfort by not as bad as in the past. Apparently chasing the metformin with some double cheeseburgers was a bad idea all around. Go figure.



So here's a Master Cleanse tip: the organic lemons seem to have a lot of juice. Especially if you keep them at room temperature and roll them, a la Alton Brown, before you use them. I am thinking about making a video showing how easy it is to make the juice, but not sure about the time commitment yet! I am about to do the SWF, late I know, but I think it's worth it. I just finished my school work for the week and have some time before I go to bed anyway. I didn't use the lax tea again today because of the total uselessness the first day. I think that the SWF is doing just fine.



Here's my picture for the day, taken before my daughter Sarie put a rubber band in my beard. This has become her habit over the last 3 days. Maybe I will post a picture WITH the rubber band...don't know yet... By the way, I did take measurements for my before/after comparison. They are written down somewhere and I will post them as soon as I can.



Does this picture adequately convey the following?

hunger.
nausea.
determination.
bemusement.

'cause that's what I was feeling at the time.

scroll down for the prayer!









Dear Lord,
Day 3 is in the books and I could not have done it without you. You are too good to me and I praise you and thank you for it. Please continue to let me feel your strong presence leading me on this path and help me overcome the temptations and stumbling blocks that have plagued me before.
Also Lord, tomorrow is the anniversary of my cousin Sharon's death. We miss her, but I cannot imagine the sadness that her mom and sisters feel. I pray that you comfort them during this time. Heal their hearts and show them how much you love them.
I give you all the honor, and all the glory and all the praise, Jesus.
AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment