Friday, January 22, 2010

Try Trying!

I have tried to lose weight many times. But this time is different. (different than the last different time and the different time before that.) In fact, I have started so many times that my poor son is an expert at taking "Before" photos.

Lots of people say that "until it becomes important to you, you won't lose weight", but I submit that even when you think it's important it takes more than that. It takes effort. You have to TRY! When you finally decide that the effort you expend doing worthless things every day should be put to something useful, it gives you a different perspective. The more effort you pour into this new important venture, the more likely you are to stick with it. That's why I am starting this blog. And taking pictures. And committing to this diet plan like nothing I have tried before.

I debated this morning whether I even wanted to blog, because there are so many other dieters who blog and what would I say that is different? The truth is, I can't say my thoughts will be earth-shattering, or even interesting all the time - but I am doing this for record keeping purposes mostly - and hey, if me blogging about this process helps someone else, I am good with that.

So, my starting weight is: 358.2 lbs. it's actually a little lower than I thought it would be. I started our originally at 402 lbs, so I am blessed that I did not gain all that back from previous failures...

Here is a picture of me as of today. I tried not to look too happy, although I am a happy guy. For some reason it felt weird to smile for this picture...I plan to take one face shot every day and post it here, and once a week I will take full body pictures. I am not sure how I want to share those full, horrifying pictures right now, but maybe if you become a follower of my blog I will send them to you. I just don't have that part figured out yet...




Each day, I'd like to close in prayer, and if you have any prayer requests, send them over and I'll include them!
Dear Lord, Thank you for second chances. Thank you for keeping me healthy when I did everything to go against your plan for me. Please let me feel your presence strongly as I take this step.

In Your precious name, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Danny. Dan and I were talking about how when we don't take care of ourselves, its like telling each other and our kids "I don't care enough about you to take care of myself so I can be around for you in the future." That really hit home for us. You're not the only in it!
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go, Danny! Literally! haha-get it? "Go"? Master Cleanse? oh well.

    But I'm so happy for you and proud of you!

    ReplyDelete