Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 9

Weight: 344.6
Mood: Excited to be almost done

So today I woke up from a nightmare that I had ruined the cleanse...In my dream my friend Greg gave me some cake, and after one bite I remembered that I couldn't eat it...so I quickly ate the rest of it...Then as the dream progressed, my mom gave me some indian food, that was actually a chapati stuffed with cheesy rice - not indian at all. I think dreaming of food means that I need to eat again. I am looking forward to breaking the fast. In fact, I am making the Soup Nazi Mulligatawny soup as my vegetable soup. (For those of you who don't know, vegetable soup is called for after the fast to transition back to solid food.) One thing that is troubling me is that the first day after the fast calls for a lot of orange juice. I love orange juice, but as a diabetic I don't think that's the best option for me. So I think I will go with V8 and do the soup that night. Not sure exactly, but I don't want my blood sugar to go haywire again.

I spent the whole day at FBC Upward, and I drank most of the lemonade for the day. Which reminds me...when I pulled the lemons out to juice them this morning, I started to roll one on the counter, and it was moldy. Disgusting. It made my stomach turn, and I had to check all the other lemons, which were ok. I still washed them. That leaves me with two lemons for the last day, which will be slightly less than what is called for, but I am not going to the store for 1 lemon! the agave nectar is almost gone also, and I had to ration it a little today so that I would have enough for tomorrow. When I got home at 6:30, I decided to go to bed early - about 7:30. So when I woke up in the middle of the night, I took this picture:


Dear Lord, I am afraid that as I pursued this fast I was very self-centered. I want to be more aware of the people around me and their needs. Thank you for walking with me and holding me up, and as I go to the last day of the fast, help me finish strong. I will give you all the glory for it!
I love you Jesus.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment