Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 4 : Dates and sweet cream

Weight: 350.6
Mood: ok

Day 4 of the Master Cleanse was pretty mild. The hunger was there, but the juice kept it at bay, and my headache was milder today. In all the excitement of making the juice and getting out the door, I forgot to take my Metformin this morning, but my blood sugar stayed at 170...too high, but not terrible. I look forward to going below 350 tomorrow for the first time in a long time. I know that some is water weight, but I also know that I am burning calories - a lot more than I am consuming - just by being big and fat.
If you remember, the two reasons that I wanted to do this were to lose weight, but mostly to reset my cravings. The cravings have not gone away, and I read that many people say that this happens between days 4 and 6, so we will see! The more I read about it, the less I buy into the whole "colon caked with crap" idea. I think that any liquid fast is good for your organs, but I don't believe that there's 50 pounds of anything stuck to the walls of my insides... As such, I am not doing the salt water cleanse every day. It's not about willpower, it's about usefulness. I don't think every day is necessary.
Speaking of cravings, I had the chance to take my beautiful daughter Rina out on a date tonight, and she wanted Sweet Cream ice cream...the best ice cream ever, if you ask me. We went into the shop, and the sweet smell was very enticing, but I was able to resist...

I also read that some people say that the agave syrup is no good, that I should be using molasses, even though it has a higher glycemic index - maybe I will try that if I go past the 10 days, or if I run out of my initial stash...i doubt it though, because I want the whole thing to be as consistent as possible.

Anyway, here is my picture of the day:
Here's an interesting story about this picture - usually it takes several shots to get one that is framed right, since i am taking it of myself at arm's length...but today I noticed that there is a picture across the room on which I can see the reflection of the camera's screen...so I lined it up and took it...while still looking across the room, over the camera. Well, I thought it was funny when I started typing it, and it's too much text to just delete... moving on to the prayer!

Dear Lord,
I want to be a chaplain. I feel like that is the path you have led me down. The only thing holding me back is this weight, and I am tired of it. There's a battle going on here, and I need you. I need you to come down and fight this battle for your servant. I submit my life to you and commit to do your will. Help me to live up to those goals.
In Your name I pray, Jesus.
Amen!

1 comment:

  1. I love you, daddy! Yesterday was really fun. (: You can do it! (:

    ReplyDelete