Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 7 and a week of thoughts

Weight: 348.0

mood: variable with a chance of showers

So today was the worst day so far as hunger goes. After lunch I have pretty much been famished the whole day. I drank more water and went for a walk at lunch. I work in Ponte Vedra, and I walked down a little side road near my office that leads to the 17th hole of the TPC. It's a very nice, peaceful walk and I was able to thank God for the blessings in my life and ask Him to help me make it through the day.

My mouth had a terrible taste in it all day, but when I asked God to help me, I reached into my pocket and felt...peppermint! (My friend Dick LeJuene had given them to me at church yesterday) I decided that a 16 calorie mint wasn't going to derail the whole process and I ate it. It made my mouth feel better, and the rest of the afternoon ok. Thank you Jesus!

Every night after I blog I think of something that I wanted to say, but I tell myself that I'll just post it the next day. So here is what I wanted to say...well, hmmm....um....I can't remember. It must not have been that earth-shattering...


So what are some of the benefits that I have felt on this cleanse? Let's see...I can see some changes in my appearance, and I feel more energetic in the morning and mid afternoon. While my cravings for sausage and other lovely meats have not gone away, I also now have cravings for vegetable soup. I am looking forward to making the soup that I read about on the master cleanse page, which is basically a vegetable soup with a lot of root vegetables. My blood sugar has gone down to the 120's, but I attribute this to taking my metformin every day again. Even without it, it went into the 170's, so it may have come down on it's own...either way, lower blood sugar means better weight loss(ask me about the science!).
How about the negatives? Well, I have had stomach discomfort, more so when I did the SWF. I have still had some chills, which is strange for me, but I have been wearing a shirt around the house a lot more...those of you who know me, know that I usually lose the shirt when I walk in the door...poor kids. There is a bad taste in my mouth. I have had some headaches, part of which I attribute to detoxing from the diet cokes! That's pretty much it. Not terrible.

Here's my final thought for the day: I heard that a young girl was pulled out of the rubble in Haiti after 15 days. She had no food, no water and a broken leg. That she survived is a miracle, and it hit me that before I started this fast, she was already trapped. So if I start to feel sorry for myself, I now just feel embarrassed.

Here's my pic of the day:

Dear Lord,
I enjoyed the time I spent with you today on my walk. I want to be closer to you and I want to give you everything I have. Thank you for being the God that doesn't abandon us. Thank you for being patient with me, and with the world. Help me to spread your love.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment